We already know that North Georgia is a great vacation destination for all seasons, but just in case you were wondering what fabulous things there are to do during the hot summer months, we are happy to list some of them for you:
- Swimming – Of course, the most popular summertime activity is swimming. How could it not be? These southern summers approach triple digits of a regular basis, and taking a refreshing dip in water is a great way to cool off. As far as swimming options for North Georgia, we have lakes, rivers and pools – so you can take your pick. Many of our cabins feature pool access and some are even located directly on the river.
- Tubing and Kayaking – Keeping with the water-theme, the Cartecay River provides the perfect setting for a relaxing trip on an inner tube or for a kayaking adventure. Tubing is a more passive trip, where you let the current of the Cartecay River take you downstream. Kayaking, while it requires a bit more work, gives you the opportunity to explore coves, lagoons and to move against the current. Both of these activities are kid-friendly.
- Berry Picking – If it’s early in the season, like May and early June, then you can head to one of our local orchards to pick your own strawberries. However, if you are visiting North Georgia in July, then you can take advantage of blueberry season. Picking your own berries is a fun activity that results in a tasty, healthy treat.
- Zip-lining – A great way to cool off without the use of water is by enjoying a cool breeze. Unfortunately, those are few and far between in the South, so you need to find a way to make your own, and there is no better way to feel the wind through your hair than by zip-lining through the North Georgia mountains.
- Fishing – The rivers in North Georgia are swimming with trout, and trout season is open through the summer months. So, you can cool off by wading into the river and practicing your fly fishing technique. If you need some guidance in learning the art of fly fishing, Ellijay and Blue Ridge are flush with places that offer lessons.
Come stay in one of our rental cabins in Ellijay and take advantage of everything North Georgia has to offer during these hot summer months!